McDonald’s food hack – Spend 70p, get Big Mac & fries for £2 again and again.
There’ve been a lot McDonald’s ‘hacks’ reported recently – which have all been debunked by the fast food giant. Luckily, I’ve found a ‘hack’ that is 100% genuine to get you a cheap Maccy D’s time and time again.
This is a way to get a Big Mac and regular fries for £1.99 (norm £4ish) every time you go into McDonald’s after you’ve made one purchase (cheapest item is a 69p ice cream cone). You can often spot this deal on vouchers in newspapers, or printed on the back of bus tickets, but with this trick you don’t need them and can do it over and over again.
It’s through a promo called ‘Food for Thoughts’, which rewards you with cheap grub if you fill out a quick survey about your experience after you’ve made a purchase. You could do it all in one visit, though it may take a few minutes as you’d need to buy one item then fill out the survey to get your Big Mac and fries voucher. Of course, it’s not the healthiest meal – but if you’re eating there anyway, you might as well do it cheaply.
Here’s what to do:
1. You’ll firstly need to buy any item in McDonald’s and keep the receipt – you may have to ask for it. PS: if you just want a Big Mac & fries, it’s actually cheaper buying a drink or ice cream cone first, then filling out the survey to get your voucher.
2. On the top of every receipt you’ll see ‘tell us how we did’ and the URL of the Food for Thoughts website, as well as a code to input on the website to identify your receipt (see image).
3. Simply input the details of your receipt and fill out the survey – it should take about two minutes and it’s just a few questions about your experience.
4. At the end, you should get a five-digit number – write it on your old receipt and it becomes a voucher for a £1.99 Big Mac and fries (normally £4.08 or £4.49 as a meal with a drink).
5. Hand it over it to the cashier to claim the offer.
6. The beauty of this is you can keep the deal rolling with every single receipt, so all you have to do is make a single purchase to get your first receipt, use the voucher for the Big Mac and fries and with the subsequent receipt do it again and again – so you have cheap McDonald’s for as long as this survey goes on for.
If you’re not a fan of Big Macs – or fancy something different – McDonald’s says you can ask for a Fillet-o-Fish or Veggie Deluxe instead.
There is no expiry date once you have written your five-digit code on the receipt – but the numbers are trackable, so you can’t just write five random numbers on there. McDonald’s has said this is valid in all of its restaurants.